Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Closet Ramblings....

I was very fortunate, last week, to be invited to a dear friend's home to makeover her closet.  She is the mother of two young boys and her closet needed some work.  We got down to business quickly and went through what she had.  What I wanted to tackle first were some coats that she had hanging in her closet.  I have always believed, if you have the space, put your outerwear somewhere other than your closet.  This will free up a lot of space and leave room for you to spread out and really see what is in your wardrobe.  After this, I pulled out every pair of pants she had in the closet and had her try them on.  There were definitely a few that didn't fit (Goodwill) and few that fit (!), a few that were maternity (different pile and box) and a couple of pairs that she didn't remember she had and they fit (score!!).  From there we went through her tops and sweaters and really started to come up with some new and fresh looks.  She was going for a cute, causal look that could go to Sunday School, Church Activities, Playgroups as well as Girl's Night's and Date Night.  We came up with several looks that could go to all of those places.  We also came up with a list of things that would benefit her wardrobe.  These will come later and at different times. We also found a couple of fabulous long skirts and with fall trends showing long skirts, we may not use them now, but in the fall they could become key pieces.  Here are a couple of after shots of the closet.



I like to hang all pants vertically from pant hangers when I makeover a closet, this way, you can see all that you have and they take up less room.  I hang all like items together for easy wardrobing.  This was a full closet when I walked into it and by donating several pieces, we have made a lot of room for new ;) goodies.  I had so much fun doing this!  If there is anyone out there who would like me to makeover their closet, please email me, johann.wheatley@me.com, to discuss a time and pricing info.

No comments:

Post a Comment