Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An afternoon with a few of the Phillips Place Boutiques

I love living in Southpark.  There are so many wonderful places to shop and I walked through a few of the boutiques at Phillips Place.


My first stop was Nitsa's.  The small boutique on the corner of the Penthouse's at Phillips Place is mainly known for their bridal gowns (you have to have an appointment to try on), which I did peak through, they have absolutely gorgeous gowns, Reem Acra and Monique Lhuillier clearly jumped out at me.  The yards of gorgeous ivory satin is enough to make anyone smile.  While I looked through the other racks of cocktail dresses by Carmen Marc Valvo, Tadashi, Nicole Miller, I had the opportunity to meet Haley, one of the sales associates there.  She was very friendly and promised to send me trunk show updates etc., so that I could share them with you.  They also had several gowns by such designers as Marc Bower Glammit and Theia.  For those of you not so familiar with Theia, they make gowns that have been worn by such celebs as Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift.  You can check them out on the web at www.nitsas.com and you can also "Like" them on Facebook.


Walking into Coplon's is always a treat.  They are an old Charlotte institution.  My Mom even bought her wedding dress from Coplon's almost 37 years ago.  It had so many buttons down the back that the sales associate came to my Grandparent's house and helped her button them all.  They have moved their shop to different parts of the city and are now located on the corner of Phillips Place closest to The Palm Restaurant.  Carol, whose desk is at the front of the boutique near the shoes, is so friendly when you come in.  The thing that I like about Coplon's is that they have all kinds of things in the store, with all different price points.  A quick designer roll call, Elizabeth and James, Diane von Furstenburg, Theory, See by Chloe, Haute Hippie.  They have shoes!  Lots of shoes that we love, Louboutin, Jimmy Choo and even those yummy Lanvin flats.  Moving on they have Celine (!), Miu Miu, Chloe, Yigal Azrouel, Thakoon, Helmut Lang, Narciso Rodriguez, Lela Rose, Oscar de la Renta and Stella McCartney.  Definitely peak through there when you can.  It is a fun fashion trip and you get to see a smidge of what the major designers have to offer.


Luna is a kick.  They have a little bit of everything in there.  The denim section is great with offerings from Citizens of Humanity, JBrand, Hudson, Joe's...  They also have the old standbys when it comes to knits, Ella Moss, Splendid, Velvet and that old fave Susanna Monaco.  If you loved Susanna Monaco's tube tops of yesteryear, Luna's has a couple of dresses that will send you right back.  Their jewelry is also cute and inexpensive.  I saw several cuffs that I was fond of.  You can find just about anything when you go to Luna.


Now, when I am at Phillips Place, the one store that I can just absolutely not resist going into may surprise you, it is Magic Windows!!  I absolutely adore anything that is smocked, checked, seersuckered and colorful.  I have two nephews and they are fun to shop for.  The little Royal Child smocked bubble outfits for Christian.  The Vineyard Vines shirts for Hunter, but the one thing I wish for every time I go into Magic Window's is a niece (Ashley, are you reading?)...They have about 50% more clothes for girls in there than for boys (rightfully so, I may add) and they are so adorable.  I am sure if you have children, you have popped in, but if not, definitely plan a trip.  They also carry Feltman Brothers, Kissy Kissy, Little Giraffe, etc.  It is also a great place to pick up a baby gift for any of your expecting friends.


I had fun walking through Phillips Place and the boutiques there.  Charlotte has lots of fashion options and these are just a few.  I hope to continue making the rounds and bringing you the highlights.  On a final note, a trip to Phillips Place should always end with a Red Velvet Cupcake from Dean and Deluca....and mine did!







No comments:

Post a Comment