Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Summer Things!

I think that every Southern girl has one place that they love to vacation, the beach!!  It doesn't matter if it's Wrightsville, Edisto, Sullivan's or my home away from home, Ocean Isle Beach, NC...There is just something about being in a bikini, a visor and some sunglasses that we love.  Not only is style so easy in the summer, hello maxi dresses and bare feet, but we all have more time to hang out with family and friends and everything just seems a little sweeter.  Oh, and did I mention ice cold beer???  Since I am sitting on the porch swing at my parents house soaking up the last few minutes of the coast, I thought I would go ahead and blog about all of my favorite summertime products.  I love the ease of a summer beauty routine.


This Bobbi Brown Beach Sunscreen Body Spray is always in my beach bag and a constant in my summer routine.  It has SPF 15 which keeps my skin safe but is light enough to let some of my beloved rays in.  It has an incredible light fragrance and a texture of an oil so it looks great on your skin as well.




You will have to forgive me about being dramatic when it comes to Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess, but if there is one scent I could have follow me around forever, it would be this one!  Estee Lauder comes out with the Bronze Goddess line during Spring and Summer and quantities are always limited.  I love to use the fragrance but have also used the body oil, which is lovely in the summertime, especially to make legs look amazing.  There are also beautiful bronzer's and other eye shadows etc., that are part of this line.  Don't just take my word for it, go into you local retailer, find it, smell it, I know you will want to take it home with you...




During the summer when I am tan, and spending more time outdoors, the last thing I want to do is mess with a bunch of makeup, especially foundation.  My go to product during those months is Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer.  I use the oil free version.  It goes on easy, I just use my fingers, and feels extremely light on my skin.  It gives a light coverage but still gives me that dewey look that I love.



Finally, Chanel always comes out with amazing nail polish colors.  The one that I am currently loving is Black Pearl.  The cool thing about this color is that it can look silver, grey, or even green.  When I have it on, I always hear a different color, which is a lot of fun.  I think that this is a great transitional color from fall into spring.  This is great before breaking out the fun corals and pinks to come.

Clothes are my first love, but I am a sucker for anything that makes you feel pretty!  These are just a few of my favorites!  What are yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment